- 2 cans (13.66 ounces each) light coconut milk
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Place the first nine ingredients in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Skim fat; stir in cooked rice. Cook, covered, on low 15-30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle servings with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forCoconut-Lime Chicken Curry Soup
"This has a wonderful coconut lime flavor, however, I wouldn't call it a soup if you follow the directions to a "t" - it's more like a loose casserole, which is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. I ended up adding low sodium chicken broth to loosen it up a bit, but if you don't mind the thicker consistency, it's not really needed because as is it tastes great. Not spicy at all to me - I like super hot food though. Thanks for the recipe Lisa R!"