- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Place the flour, coconut, butter and confectioners' sugar in a food processor; cover and process until combined. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, lemon juice and peel just until combined. Pour over crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and filling is set.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over filling. Sprinkle with coconut. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCoconut-Lemon Cheesecake Dessert
"Made this for a crowd and received lots of compliments. I wasn't expecting quite the strong lemon flavor. I wondered if the recipe could have had a typo error because the ratio of eggs and sugar for 1 block of cream cheese didn't seem right to me. I made as shown and thought the cheesecake layer was too runny so I added an additional 8 oz of cream cheese and I was so glad I did. I did not change anything else and loved it. I will definitely make again."
"To me, this was way more trouble than I want to do again; however, after being refrigerated overnight, my husband said he could not wait until I made it again. The three stars are for me; he would give it four stars for sure."
"Was the hit of a small dinner party!!IEveryoneraved;;I give this one 10 stars;;yummy;yummy"
"Tried this recipe, but I didn't have fresh lemon juice, so I substituted with fresh limes. I used about 4 medium size limes to get 1/3 cup of juice for the recipe. Tastes like key lime cheesecake or like a margaritta!!! I'm going to try it with fresh pineapple juice next time to make it taste like a pina coloda. Excellent recipe"
"A friend gave me some Meyer lemons from her tree, so I couldn't resist making these yummy sounding bars, and now I cannot resist eating them.The recipe doesn't tell you how to "toast" the coconut, so I just used my toaster oven. It did the trick."