Coconut-Layered Pound Cake Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- 1. Mix coconut, milk and almonds. Cut cake horizontally into four layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the coconut mixture, one cake layer and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 715 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 93g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Coconut-Layered Pound Cake
"This took a little longer for me to make because I couldn't find a frozen pound cake the right size so I had to bake one.The coconut mixture was very good.mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture but the taste was good this would be a good dessert to make for unexpected guests if you kept the ingredients on hand"
"I prefer my poundcake recipe, so used that instead. I can't believe how easy and yummy this was!"
"This comes together in minutes, and it is wonderful. Have made it a couple of times now, and everyone loves it. Great in the summertime when you don't want to turn the oven on."
"I loved this!! It was easy and yummy! It didn't last the night in the house"
"I made it for my mother in law's birthday, and everyone raved about it! Definately a keeper!"
"Well, I fell for this one. The cake sounded good so I clicked on the site only to find you have to be a subscriber. I used to subsribe to TOH but let the subscription lapse because I could never find a recipe I liked. Guess I'll have to quench the craving!"
"THIS WAS AWFUL.TASTED NOTHING LIKE A CANDY BAR.TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME"
"Pooh!!!!!! My favorite candy bar, but available to subscribers only. [:'(]"
"This is a great recipe and it a hit everytime I make it. I have been asked to make this at all upcoming parties."
"Excellent recipe! I made it and took it to a picnic, it traveled well and everyone liked it."