- 1 package (7 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1 cup chocolate fudge frosting
- Mix coconut, milk and almonds. Cut cake horizontally into four layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with half of the coconut mixture, one cake layer and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 715 calories, 35g fat (19g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 93g carbohydrate (72g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews forCoconut-Layered Pound Cake
"This couldn't be simpler and it was very tasty and moist. I assembled this cake tonight and my family loved it! I plan to make it again for a church luncheon this weekend. Thank you, Linda, for sharing this recipe :)"
"This took a little longer for me to make because I couldn't find a frozen pound cake the right size so I had to bake one.The coconut mixture was very good.mine didn't turn out as pretty as the picture but the taste was good this would be a good dessert to make for unexpected guests if you kept the ingredients on hand"
"I prefer my poundcake recipe, so used that instead. I can't believe how easy and yummy this was!"