Coconut Ice Cream Squares
In Valles Mines, Missouri, Trudy Vincent uses cereal, coconut and pecans to create a crunchy top and bottum crust for this fun ice cream dessert. "This is great to have in the freezer when unexpected guests arrive and you don't have time to bake," she writes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3-1/2 cups crushed Cinnamon Life cereal
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a bowl, combine the cereal, coconut, brown sugar and pecans. Drizzle with butter; stir until combined. Press half into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Carefully spread with ice cream. Sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture; gently press down. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before cutting. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 332 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Ice Cream Squares in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.