Coconut Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 29, 2015
These were a hit! I also substituted honey for the corn syrup. I also replaced the coconut with sliced almonds and chia seeds for sesame seeds. I used 1 13x9 pan and one 9x9 because it didn't look like enough to fill 2 13x9 pans.
Mar 4, 2015
I used 1/4 cup of butter and 1/4 organic coconut oil, instead of corn syrup I used honey and I used organic shredded coconut instead of flaked and steel cut oats, in place of the wheat germ I added fiber to make it a much healthier treat :-) They came out perfect and I will be making them again. I also used mini chocochips instead of regular chips. I also pressed into 1 13x9 glass pan, perfect thickness and this allowed for a moister bar!
Aug 4, 2013
Really good and super easy. I also placed the whole thing in one 9x13. Next time I will sub honey for the corn syrup.
Apr 14, 2013
Everyone loves these bars! My son is nut-allergic, so I made it with a pb substitute (from sunflower seeds) and it was a hit! Instead of two 13x9 pans, I made it in one 15x11 and they were perfect. I would recommend cutting them while still warm because the crunchy texture once they're cool would make it more difficult.
Feb 1, 2011
I add a half cup raisins and Craisins(whatever flavor you like), and 2 cups Rice Krispies. I also use only 2 cups quick cook oatmeal, but 1 cup brown sugar. I use only one 13x9 pan. They are great without the chocolate chips, too. My husband loves them.