Coconut Granola Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup, butter and vanilla. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to peanut butter mixture and stir to coat. Press into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 29, 2015
These were a hit! I also substituted honey for the corn syrup. I also replaced the coconut with sliced almonds and chia seeds for sesame seeds. I used 1 13x9 pan and one 9x9 because it didn't look like enough to fill 2 13x9 pans.
Mar 4, 2015
I used 1/4 cup of butter and 1/4 organic coconut oil, instead of corn syrup I used honey and I used organic shredded coconut instead of flaked and steel cut oats, in place of the wheat germ I added fiber to make it a much healthier treat :-) They came out perfect and I will be making them again. I also used mini chocochips instead of regular chips. I also pressed into 1 13x9 glass pan, perfect thickness and this allowed for a moister bar!
Aug 4, 2013
Really good and super easy. I also placed the whole thing in one 9x13. Next time I will sub honey for the corn syrup.
Apr 14, 2013
Everyone loves these bars! My son is nut-allergic, so I made it with a pb substitute (from sunflower seeds) and it was a hit! Instead of two 13x9 pans, I made it in one 15x11 and they were perfect. I would recommend cutting them while still warm because the crunchy texture once they're cool would make it more difficult.
Feb 1, 2011
I add a half cup raisins and Craisins(whatever flavor you like), and 2 cups Rice Krispies. I also use only 2 cups quick cook oatmeal, but 1 cup brown sugar. I use only one 13x9 pan. They are great without the chocolate chips, too. My husband loves them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.