Coconut Fruitcake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + standing
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied cherries
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in milk. Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Let stand for 24 hours in an airtight container at room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 151 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 34mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 11, 2016
I have made this all my life , but I always used Graham cracker crumbs to bind all that gooey fruit together. let sit tightly wrapped for about a week before slicing it in thin sliced to serve. very good !!
Jun 10, 2011
These are ridiculously simple to make and taste great. I made it for a big party and it was a super duper hit. The next time I bake these, I'm thinking of baking them as cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and then serving them in mini muffin liners because it takes about 15-16 hours minimum to remove the cookie from the liner if it is baked in it. Or else we should try spraying the liners with non-stick cooking spray and then bake it. I have blogged about this here:http://www.egglesscooking.com/2011/05/27/fruitcake-coconut-cookies/
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.