Coconut Fruit Tarts
These amazing individual tarts look so pretty and whimsical—they're the perfect finale for a spring luncheon or shower. Feel free to vary the fruits and berries to your preference.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peel and sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup each fresh raspberries, blueberries and blackberries
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix with a fork until blended. Shape dough into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into six portions. Press each portion into a greased 4-1/2-in. tart pan. bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoonfuls into each cooled tart shell. Arrange fruit over filling. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 447 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Tarts in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010