Coconut Eggnog Pie
This easy recipe became a family favorite by happy accident. I was trying to use up extra eggnog and coconut from other holiday baking—and they are so good together. —Fay Moreland, Wichita Falls, TX
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 extra-servings graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended; stir in 2 cups coconut. Pour into crust; sprinkle with walnuts and remaining coconut. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Cover top loosely with foil. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's Note: To prepare a homemade graham cracker crust, mix 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in 1/3 cup melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.