Coconut Eggnog Pie
This easy recipe became a family favorite by happy accident. I was trying to use up extra eggnog and coconut from other holiday baking—and they are so good together. —Fay Moreland, Wichita Falls, TX
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1 extra-servings graham cracker crust (9 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, beat the first seven ingredients until blended; stir in 2 cups coconut. Pour into crust; sprinkle with walnuts and remaining coconut. Bake on a lower oven rack 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Cover top loosely with foil. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's Note: To prepare a homemade graham cracker crust, mix 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in 1/3 cup melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 485 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Eggnog Pie in Taste of Home December 2015