Coconut Custard Pudding
"Here's an easy dessert that my whole family loves," says Wilma Lincoln from Grinnell, Iowa. "I use an artificial sweetener when I make it for diabetic dinner guests and pretty it up with a sprinkle of nutmeg."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until blended. In a large saucepan, heat milk to simmering. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Stir in extracts. Pour into ten 8-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in two 13x9-in. baking pans. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 165 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Coconut Custard Pudding in Country Woman September/October 2003