- 6 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt until blended. In a large saucepan, heat milk to simmering. Gradually whisk into egg mixture. Stir in extracts. Pour into ten 8-oz. custard cups. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Place cups in two 13x9-in. baking pans. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cups to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Custard Pudding
"I have not tried this recipe, but was disapointed to see that there was no cocoanut, but only cocoanut extract."