- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. pan with cooking spray.
- Beat cake mix, egg whites, water and coconut on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Mix milk and extract. Using a large meat fork, poke holes in cake. Gently spread half of the milk mixture over cake; let stand 3 minutes. Spread with remaining milk mixture; cool 1 hour.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate, covered, until cold, about 4 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Cream Cake
"This is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Hard to believe it is low fat! A definite keeper! Thanks for sharing the recipe."
"Made this for a family bbq. Everyone raved about how moist it was. My mom didn't even guess that the frosting was cool whip and she is a cake decorator. This recipe is a keeper!"
"Sounds very good. I am going to make this for a work potluck next week."