Coconut Cranberry Shortcakes Recipe
Our twist on strawberry shortcake features a tender coconut-flavored cake and a slightly tart cranberry sauce. It's a lovely dessert for the Christmas season—or anytime! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Whipped cream, sweetened shredded coconut and fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in coconut milk just until moistened.
- 2. Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. For topping, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, coconut milk and cranberry juice. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Just before serving, cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottoms on dessert plates; top with half of cranberry mixture. Add tops and remaining cranberry mixture. Garnish with whipped cream, coconut and mint if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 414 calories, 14g fat (12g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Cranberry Shortcakes
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC