Coconut Cranberry Shortcakes
Our twist on strawberry shortcake features a tender coconut-flavored cake and a slightly tart cranberry sauce. It's a lovely dessert for the Christmas season—or anytime! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- Whipped cream, sweetened shredded coconut and fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in coconut milk just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/3 cupfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For topping, in a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, coconut milk and cranberry juice. Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, cut shortcakes in half horizontally. Place bottoms on dessert plates; top with half of cranberry mixture. Add tops and remaining cranberry mixture. Garnish with whipped cream, coconut and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 414 calories, 14g fat (12g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.