- 5 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine apples and cranberries. Add sugar; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour and spices; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts and coconut; sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCoconut-Cranberry Apple Crisp
"I only used 4 apples, and 1 cup of cranberries. I did try to halve them at first (those little suckers were rolling everywhere), then I just put them in whole. It still turned out really good. This was kinda tart. I'm assuming it's because of the Granny Smith apples. Wasn't sure of using coconut, but it was tasty. It's a keeper."