Coconut Cold Brew Latte
Cold brew lattes are all the rage at coffee shops, but they're so easy to make at home. This coconut cold brew version is ridiculously refreshing and it's vegan! —Natalie Larsen, Columbia, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground medium-roast coffee
- 1/2 cup hot water (205°)
- 3-1/2 cups cold water
- COCONUT SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- EACH SERVING:
- Ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Place coffee grounds in a clean glass container. Pour hot water over grounds; let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours. (The longer the coffee sits, the stronger the flavor.)
- Meanwhile, for coconut simple syrup, in a small saucepan, bring water, sugar and coconut to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Strain and discard coconut. Cool completely.
- Strain coffee through a fine mesh sieve; discard grounds. Strain coffee again through a coffee filter; discard grounds. Store coffee in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. For each serving, fill a large glass with ice. Add 1 cup cold brewed coffee and 4 tablespoons coconut syrup; stir. Top with coconut milk.