Coconut Chocolate Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 16 fun-size Almond Joy candy bars, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened (mixture will thicken quickly). Remove from the heat.
- Add chopped candy bars and vanilla; stir until chocolate is melted. Pour into pie shell. Press plastic wrap onto filling. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and serve with whipped cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 27, 2013
This was an easy pie to make and has a great chocolate flavor. I love coconut but I think other chocolate candy bars could be used as well. Definetely will make this again!
Mar 30, 2009
For fun I substituted the milk with coconut milk. It cooked up beautifully and for coconut fans, it was extra fantastic! (It was a rich,full bodied coconut milk purchased at Sunflower Markets.)