Coconut Chocolate Muffins Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Beat in egg. Stir in 2/3 cup chocolate chips. In another bowl, toss coconut with pecans and remaining chips.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk together first five batter ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together coffee, oil and vinegar; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Place scant 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture in the center of each. Top with about 1 tablespoon coconut mixture.
- 4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Serve warm. Yield: 20 muffins.
1 muffin: 223 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Chocolate Muffins
"Looks sooooo yummy.chocolate and coconut my fav combination ??"
"can this be made in mini muffin pans?"