Coconut Chocolate Delights
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
Makesabout 6-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cookie crumbs. Add the coconut, almonds and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high until melted, stirring every 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Dip balls into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 224 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 23, 2012
Delicious, and fun for my granddaughter to make with me. We melted some white chocolate chips in a small ziploc bag, clipped the corner, and drizzled over the balls, really fancy presentation!