- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cookie crumbs. Add the coconut, almonds and vanilla; mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave on high until melted, stirring every 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Dip balls into melted chocolate; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Chocolate Delights
"Delicious, and fun for my granddaughter to make with me. We melted some white chocolate chips in a small ziploc bag, clipped the corner, and drizzled over the balls, really fancy presentation!"