- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups cold butter or margarine
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine milk and 1 cup chocolate chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth and chips are melted. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining chocolate chips. Top with coconut and toffee bits. Gently press down into chocolate layer. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until firm. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Chip Nut Bars
"I've made these bars several times over the years now - they are simply TO-DIE-FOR-DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody just LOVES these rich, decadent bars!!!"
"This has become a staple in our house! When I bring it somewhere, I'm guaranteed someone will ask for the recipe!!"