Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Vinaigrette
It's easy to bring a tropical taste to your table with this interesting chicken dish. The vinaigrette adds a nice tart touch to the slightly sweet coconut coating.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup crushed shredded wheat cereal
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimientos
- In a shallow bowl, combine cereal and coconut. Remove skin from chicken if desired. Dip chicken pieces in eggs, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add vinegar and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add green pepper and onion; cook until onion is softened. Stir in pineapple and pimientos; heat through. Serve with chicken.
Originally published as Coconut Chicken with Pineapple Vinaigrette in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.