Coconut Chicken Bites
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place coconut in a blender, cover and process coconut until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl; set aside. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place flour in a third shallow bowl. Coat chicken with flour; dip in egg mixture, then in coconut. Arrange in a single layer on a baking pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few pieces at time, for 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with celery salt, garlic powder and cumin; toss to coat. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 166 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 185mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 22, 2014
These are so easy to make and are very delicious even the second night for leftovers. The breading is lite ad crispy delicious combination for the chicken.
Jan 2, 2011
It was very good, but hard to get the chicken cooked perfectly. The coconut tends to burn before the chicken is completely cooked through so make sure to keep the chicken chunks fairly small! Very tasty with honey mustard and Polynesian sauce!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.