Coconut Carrot Casserole
I can about 30 pounds of carrots every fall, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare them. This recipe is one that my family really likes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 9, 2010
this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping.