Coconut Carrot Casserole
I can about 30 pounds of carrots every fall, so I'm always looking for new ways to prepare them. This recipe is one that my family really likes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots. Stir in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 307 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Carrot Casserole in Country Extra November 2003
Oct 9, 2010
this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping.