- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) sliced carrots, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and carrots; mix well. Stir in coconut. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Carrot Casserole
"this was good, not great - could be improved. if i make it again, instead of flour, i'll use a crushed pretzel or cornflake or butter cracker topping. would also put some coconut in the topping."