Coconut Caramel Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 caramels
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter and milk to a boil; add sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add caramels and stir until melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 31, 2011
The BEST no-bake cookie we've tried. Everyone wants the recipe!
Jan 20, 2010
made these for a family reunion. we rolled them into balls. they need to sit a while to soften the oatmeal, but they are outstanding! everyone loved them and several people asked for the recipe.
Apr 18, 2009
We loved these!