Coconut Caramel Oat Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 caramels
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter and milk to a boil; add sugar, vanilla and salt. Cook for 1 minute. Add caramels and stir until melted, about 4 minutes. Stir in oats and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2011
The BEST no-bake cookie we've tried. Everyone wants the recipe!
Jan 20, 2010
made these for a family reunion. we rolled them into balls. they need to sit a while to soften the oatmeal, but they are outstanding! everyone loved them and several people asked for the recipe.
Apr 18, 2009
We loved these!