Coconut-Caramel Hot Cocoa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- Coconut rum, optional
- Whipped cream and toasted sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat; stir in rum if desired. Pour into mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and coconut if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without rum and garnishes): 322 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 29, 2016
This sure hits the spot on a cold day! I love the addition of coconut rum. The coconut milk does make this super rich and creamy. I will be trying coconut milk with my other hot chocolate recipes from now on. YUM!
Jan 13, 2013
The coconut milk makes this a very rich and creamy drink. Being allergic to peanuts, I left it out. I thought about adding almond butter or the like, but I didn't and it wasn't missed. I just put all the ingredients into a saucepan - minus the peanut butter and coconut rum - and whisked it.I topped it off with whipped cream, toasted coconut and sprinkled it with a little cinnamon. Everyone enjoyed it!Since I didn't follow the recipe, I didn't want to rate it, but with my adjustments I would rate it about a 4.(I used Sprouts' brand coconut milk. I'm not sure that Thai Kitchen's would work as well in this recipe since it has a significant amount of solidified coconut oil on top, but I could be wrong.)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.