Coconut Cake Supreme Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint and red gumdrops, optional
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions in two 9-in. round cake pans. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. For filling, combine sour cream and sugar; mix well. Stir in coconut (filling will be soft). Set aside 1 cup of filling for frosting. To assemble, split each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer on a serving platter; cover with a third of the filling. Repeat layers. Fold reserved filling into whipped topping; frost cake. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with mint and gumdrops if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 500 calories, 18g fat (13g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 322mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Coconut Cake Supreme
"Excellent Coconut cake! My family loved it."
"very easy to make and good tasting"
"I made this cake for a funeral shortly after receiving my Taste of Home magazine. I had rave reviews from others, though I hadn't tasted it. I have made it many times over the years. Usually I use white cake mix instead of yellow. I no longer have mint growing in my yard and miss that extra touch for the decoration. My daughter just asked for the recipe and I was happy it popped up when I searched online so that I don't have to copy it out for her."
"I made this along time ago for Easter and want to make it again this year! It is so scrumptious and easy so you don't have to spend a lot of time on it =0)"