- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup coconut-pecan frosting
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, sour cream, frosting, eggs and water just until moistened.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is set (do not overbake). Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand for 5 minutes. Spread chips over brownies to frost. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCoconut Brownies
"These are almost too sweet for me. If I make them again I will do as others have done and omit the chocolate chips on top."
"These brownies should come with a WARNING!!! They are RICH!!! This is a great recipe for pleasing brownie, chocolate and carmel lovers a like. It combines the best of all worlds. However, like others, I now skip the chocolate on top, they are rich as it is. This is a great recipe to use if you are preparing two pans of brownies at one time. There are about 2 cups of frosting in container, purchase a 16oz sour cream and there is about 2 cups of chocolate chiips in the bag. This is a great dessert recipe served straight from the pan and topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"These brownies are excellent. I will definately make them again!"
"These are the best brownies. Simple and delicious :)"
"These are awesome! They are so moist and delicious...a definite fix for a sweet tooth. The melted chocolate chips on top are good, but they made them a little too sweet, if that's possible. I might try leaving them off next time. Two thumbs up!!"
"I never thought I'd find a good use for canned frosting until I made this recipe. Very, very good."
"I don't really care for brownies, but I tried this recipe because it looked interesting. I thought I would pass it on to family, but after I tried it, I kept it for myself! It is delicious!!!"
"This is one of the best 'doctored' brownie recipes I've ever tried. Definitely a keeper recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Yummy! But better the second day!"