VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup shortening, room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cream shortening, cashew butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in next five ingredients until thoroughly mixed. In a separate bowl, mix unsweetened coconut and flour. Beat into creamed mixture just until combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, drop dough 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with sweetened coconut. Bake until edges are golden brown, 15-20 minutes (cookies will have cake-like texture). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Coconut Banana Cookies in Taste of Home April/May 2017