Coconut Apricot Balls
These zesty confections are filled with fresh fruity flavor. They make a nice addition to any candy tray.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 to 2 teaspoons orange juice, optional
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, coconut, lemon zest and orange zest. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Knead apricot mixture until smooth about 15-20 times. Add orange juice if necessary to moisten mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in remaining sugar. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 30 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Coconut Apricot Balls in Country Woman Christmas 2000