- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Place cake cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Add ice cream; beat on low just until combined. Spoon over cake cubes. Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forCoconut Angel Squares
"very good recipe, plan to make it for work next week."
"My family absolutely loved this! Because my husband is diabetic, I used s/f pudding, s/f cool whip, no sugar added Ice Cream, and no sugar added angel food cake and it was perfect! Following the directions for when to use a wisk and when to use a mixer, I had no problem with it being liquidy at all. Will make this MANY more times!"
"Excellent recipe - Have used it for 3/4 catering jobs with rave reviews. To keep it from being "runny" be sure your pudding is fairly set up and be sure to refrigerate it well before you try to serve it. My ice cream was almost liquid and it did not affect the consistancy."
"I made this and it was very good, i left out the ice cream because it was too runny....very good if u like angel food cake."
"This dessert is wonderful. I brought it to work and the next day had to bring 7 copys back.Its oh so good"
"This dessert had a wonderful taste. However, the filling was extremely runny and a spoon was needed to serve and eat it."