Coconut Almond Granola
“We tried the hard and crunchy granolas but really didn’t like them,” says Kathy Winn of New Lothrop, Michigan. “This recipe, however, was an instant hit. It makes a healthy breakfast or snack.”
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the oil, honey and extract. Stir in the oats, coconut and milk powder.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the almonds. Cool. Store in a covered container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 487 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 6g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Granola in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.