Coconut Almond Bombs
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Gold pearl dust
- Place almond paste in a food processor; cover and process until small crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl; add confectioners' sugar and coconut. Beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese over each cookie; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until set. Brush pearl dust over almonds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NotePearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 232 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 9, 2018
This cookie has become a family favorite and I always include this cookie when asked to bake for weddings. They do take time but they are elegant and delicious.
Jan 3, 2018
Amazing! I will chill the dough before baking next time to help keep their round shape as mine kind of went a little flat. Also, it works better to freeze the cookies with the mascarpone on them for about 10-15 minutes, before dipping them in the chocolate. DELISH!
Aug 11, 2016
I was hesitant because of the almond paste but I love almonds and coconut. They were a little time consuming, but well worth it. So scrumptious! I will be making these baby jewels again soon!
Aug 16, 2013
I first made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, I saw mascarpone cheese in the ingredients and KNEW they were going to be delicious!they are creamy, coconutty, sweet and almondy all at the same time- YUM!I didn't have any gold pearl dust on hand but gold sugar instead, that worked just fine.These are a bit time consuming but trust me, THEY ARE WORTH IT!
May 31, 2011
Quite likely the best cookie on the planet. Freezes well, too. I bake these all year long, no one can wait for Christmas!
Jan 11, 2011
Absolutely Delicious! The Best Italian-Style Cookie Treat we've ever made ... A New Christmas Favorite for Our Family. :o)
Oct 30, 2010
a friend gave me some of these they are Great!!! Now I'll try to make them........
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.