Coconut Almond Bombs
Total TimePrep: 50 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 pounds white candy coating, chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- Gold pearl dust
- Place almond paste in a food processor; cover and process until small crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl; add confectioners' sugar and coconut. Beat until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and vanilla until stiff peaks form; fold into coconut mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 14-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon cheese over each cookie; refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cheese is firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Dip cookies in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with almonds. Let stand until set. Brush pearl dust over almonds. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NotePearl dust is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 232 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 32mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 9, 2018
This cookie has become a family favorite and I always include this cookie when asked to bake for weddings. They do take time but they are elegant and delicious.
Jan 3, 2018
Amazing! I will chill the dough before baking next time to help keep their round shape as mine kind of went a little flat. Also, it works better to freeze the cookies with the mascarpone on them for about 10-15 minutes, before dipping them in the chocolate. DELISH!
Aug 11, 2016
I was hesitant because of the almond paste but I love almonds and coconut. They were a little time consuming, but well worth it. So scrumptious! I will be making these baby jewels again soon!
Aug 16, 2013
I first made this recipe for my sisters bridal shower, I saw mascarpone cheese in the ingredients and KNEW they were going to be delicious!they are creamy, coconutty, sweet and almondy all at the same time- YUM!I didn't have any gold pearl dust on hand but gold sugar instead, that worked just fine.These are a bit time consuming but trust me, THEY ARE WORTH IT!
May 31, 2011
Quite likely the best cookie on the planet. Freezes well, too. I bake these all year long, no one can wait for Christmas!
Jan 11, 2011
Absolutely Delicious! The Best Italian-Style Cookie Treat we've ever made ... A New Christmas Favorite for Our Family. :o)
Oct 30, 2010
a friend gave me some of these they are Great!!! Now I'll try to make them........