Coconut Almond Bark
My chocolate bark featuring coconut and almonds is a great time-saver when I’m busy but need a treat to share. The large grains of turbinado sugar give it that holiday sparkle.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 package (2-1/4 ounces) sliced almonds, divided
- 2 teaspoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds. Spread mixture into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle on prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar, coconut and remaining almonds; press lightly into chocolate mixture. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Coconut Almond Bark in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.