Cocoa Pancakes Recipe
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk, egg substitute and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is lightly browned. Serve with raspberries and yogurt. Yield: 8 pancakes.
2 pancakes with 1/4 cup raspberries and 2 tablespoons yogurt : 201 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cocoa Pancakes
"I'm not too crazy about this recipe but my sister thought it was pretty good. When I doubled the recipe, I used only 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup regular white flour. Though my batter was somewhat on the runny side, the final product was a fluffy pancake."
"I had high hopes, but these weren't very good. They were dense and not fluffy at all."
"These pancakes are AMAZING!!! I made a double batch as suggested by others and it made a huge stack! I didn't have egg substitute so I used 2 eggs for a double recipe and it turned out wonderful! They are so flavorful and fluffy! I will make them again and again and have already been passing the recipe on to my friends! You won't be disappointed with these!"
"Very tasty. Being a huge Ovaltine fan I used 1/2 cocoa 1nd 1/2 Ovaltine, worked great. Only drawback to the recipe is the number of servings stated, needed to double the recipe."
"The only bad part is that the recipe states it serves 4, two pancakes a piece. When I made it according to the recipe it made ONLY five pancakes. I would make it again, but double it."