In Center, Texas, Carolyn Crump combines coffee and Milky Way candy bars to create this cool and creamy dessert. "I usually prepare the pie the night before, then garnish each slice with extra candy bar chunks before serving," she notes.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Finely chop four candy bars; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add milk and coffee granules; heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream in a bowl; fold in mocha mixture. Spoon into crust; freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut remaining candy bars into 1/2-in. pieces for garnish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cocoa Mocha Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8