Cocoa Mocha Pie
In Center, Texas, Carolyn Crump combines coffee and Milky Way candy bars to create this cool and creamy dessert. "I usually prepare the pie the night before, then garnish each slice with extra candy bar chunks before serving," she notes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 6 Milky Way candy bars (2.05 ounces each), divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker or chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- Finely chop four candy bars; place in a microwave-safe bowl. Add milk and coffee granules; heat and stir until melted and smooth.
- Place ice cream in a bowl; fold in mocha mixture. Spoon into crust; freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut remaining candy bars into 1/2-in. pieces for garnish.
Editor's NoteIn Canada, substitute Mars Bars for Milky Way bars.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 274 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Cocoa Mocha Pie in Quick Cooking March/April 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.