Cocoa Mint Truffles
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 mint Andes candies
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips and candies over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and cool to lukewarm, about 7 minutes. Beat in whipped topping. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until firm enough to form into balls.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and coffee granules. Shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls; roll in cocoa mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 58 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 11, 2016
I've had very mixed reviews on these. All have thought that the truffles were delicious, the outside powder is where the disputes stem from. Some people love it, others find it too bitter. I tend to lean more towards finding it bitter so I roll mine in hot chocolate powder! Pefection!
Dec 4, 2011
I love these, so quick and easy, and very good!!!!
May 11, 2011
I didn't much care for the cocoa/coffee combination. It was bitter and I didn't taste the coffee. The truffle itself was awesome. I added my own variation and cute up some almonds and rolled them in that. Really good. Got great feedback.