Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 large marshmallows, halved
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and milk. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Place half of a marshmallow on each cookie; bake 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and press marshmallows down with a fork. Cool. Meanwhile, for frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, butter and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pipe onto cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 169 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 24, 2015
I have made these for years. They are always a favorite. I have always used cake flour for this recipe. Comes out great.
Mar 15, 2015
Very good. A real favorite.
Feb 7, 2014
Thought I would make these for an afterschool treat for the kids today! They were very easy! I liked when you have to push down the marshmallow when it is hot! I need to work on my frosting as it didn't turn out as nice as this picture but hey the kids didn't mind! I wouldn't change a thing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.