- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, egg and oil; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 2 tablespoonfuls into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Combine 1 cup coconut, condensed milk and extract; place 2 teaspoonfuls in the center of each cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake at 400° for 20-22 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forCocoa Macaroon Muffins
"I liked the flavorful center of these muffins. These also work for a dessert. I use dutch process cocoa here!!"
"there has to be something missing from this recipe. needs more sugar or something the muffin is terrible."
"The picture looks wonderful and I followed the recipe exactly as written but the outcome was disappointing: bland, dry, almost flavorless - even with the pocket of coconut. So sorry, but I would not make this one again."