Cocoa Brownie Cookies
My son is a chocoholic and this is his favorite cookie. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water, or melt it in the microwave, stirring often. —Jeanie Newton, Milner, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in chocolate and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by quarter cupfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Spread each to about 3-in. diameter. Bake 9-11 minutes or until tops are cracked and cookies are just set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.