I acquired this recipe after attending a holiday cooking school years ago. It's still a favorite with my family and friends for New Year's Day.—Agnes Anderson, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
Recommended: 31 Recipes for Your Derby Day Buffet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausage links
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cloves and cinnamon. Gradually stir in the orange juice until smooth. Stir in vinegar.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add sausages. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cocktail Sausage in Orange Sauce in Country Woman January/February 2004, p35