Cobblestone Brownies Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the brownie mix, oil, eggs and extract on medium speed until blended (batter will be stiff). Set aside 1 cup for topping. Spread the remaining batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until edges crack.
- 2. For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggs, extracts and confectioners' sugar until smooth and creamy. Fold in the coconut. Carefully spread over brownies. Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 185 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cobblestone Brownies
"It's dangerous to make this, I want to keep eating them until they are gone."
"These were ok. I would make them again but they would not be my first choice. If I has all the ingredients on hand, then I would but I wouldn't buy them just to make this recipe."