Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brownie mix, oil, eggs and extract on medium speed until blended (batter will be stiff). Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Spread the remaining batter into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 10-15 minutes.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs and extracts until smooth. Gradually add confectioner's sugar and mix well. Fold in coconut. Carefully spread over brownies.
- Drop reserved batter by teaspoonfuls over filling. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 185 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 9, 2015
May 15, 2012
It's dangerous to make this, I want to keep eating them until they are gone.
Apr 24, 2012
These were ok. I would make them again but they would not be my first choice. If I has all the ingredients on hand, then I would but I wouldn't buy them just to make this recipe.