Clue Night Reuben Loaf
My family loves Reubens but making so many sandwiches at once became daunting. So I came up with this recipe that serves several people. —Laura M. Hagadorn, North Creek, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange pastrami down the center third of rectangle; spread with dressing. Top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over braid.
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 310 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.