Clue Night Reuben Loaf
My family loves Reubens but making so many sandwiches at once became daunting. So I came up with this recipe that serves several people. —Laura M. Hagadorn, North Creek, New York
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli pastrami
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza dough into a 15x12-in. rectangle. Arrange pastrami down the center third of rectangle; spread with dressing. Top with cheese and sauerkraut.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips about 1/2 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling. Pinch ends to seal. Beat egg yolk and water; brush over braid.
- Bake at 350° for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 310 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 967mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Rueben Loaf in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.