Club Sandwich Salad
My mother-in-law made this salad for a shower she was hosting and shared the recipe with me. I've made it many times, and now I get asked for the recipe. Cooking has always been an enjoyable part of my life. Ever since I can remember, I loved to watch or help my mother in the kitchen. These days, my 3-year-old son likes to help me. Hopefully he'll grow up to enjoy cooking as much as I do.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- Croutons, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, toss lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and turkey in a large bowl. Add croutons if desired. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Club Sandwich Salad in Country Extra July 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.