My mother-in-law made this salad for a shower she was hosting and shared the recipe with me. I've made it many times, and now I get asked for the recipe. Cooking has always been an enjoyable part of my life. Ever since I can remember, I loved to watch or help my mother in the kitchen. These days, my 3-year-old son likes to help me. Hopefully he'll grow up to enjoy cooking as much as I do.
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large head lettuce, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- Croutons, optional
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, onion, salt and pepper; mix well. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, toss lettuce, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and turkey in a large bowl. Add croutons if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Club Sandwich Salad in Country Extra July 1995, p49