- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional butter, melted
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the butter, egg, sugar, salt and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Divide each half into 36 pieces and shape into balls. Place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with additional butter.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCloverleaf Rolls
"Mmm...tastes the best warm. Jam goes well with these heavenly rolls, too."
"Rolls turned out tasty. Instead of forming "cloverleaves" with the dough I rolled into 24 balls and baked in two round 9 in cake pans."