- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup warm mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, shortening, potatoes, egg, sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Divide each half into 36 pieces; shape into balls. Place three balls each into greased muffin cups. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forCloverleaf Potato Rolls
"I made these and served them with soup to my company. They loved them and asked for the recipe. I would/will make these again!(I made them with left over mashed potatoes)"
"Could instant potatoes be used instead of real mashed potatoes?"